Tricia MorrowAt NS since: the beginning
Education: B.A. (elementary & special education), Knox College; graduate work in educational management and parenting studies
- Tricia’s teaching experience and lots of elbow grease proved helpful as she joined Joyce and John Mallory in the formation of Neighborhood School.
- Tricia and her husband Scott are proud parents of NS alums Anna, Michaela, and Nick.
- From her rural upbringing, Tricia brings a pig collection and a sense of small-town connectedness to our school.
Joyce MalloryAt NS since: the beginning
Position: Level 3 teacher; Special Education coordinator
Education: M.Ed. (special education), UMass Boston. Joyce helps us to keep track of learning differences and specific methods of instruction and assessment to meet individual needs.
- In 1986, with her late husband, John, Joyce brought her pre-school through middle school teaching experience to the formation of NS. Joyce is also mother to two adult sons, Jared and Jon Marc, and grandmother to Lila Rae and Dylan!
- Children associate Joyce with music, frogs, cats, and coffee.
Donna DeVaughnAt NS since: the beginning (with a hiatus teaching in the Boston Public Schools and the Atrium School)
Position: Learning Skills & Level 2 literacy specialist
Education: M.Sc.Ed., C.A.G.S. (special education), Wheelock College
- "Our school is alive with the sound of music." Donna’s passions include singing, drumming, and recorder with a dash of piano and guitar.
- "Have they left home yet?" Donna is the proud parent of young adults Christina, Adrienne, and Tamara, and proud grandmother of Kyrieh, Joshua, and Josiah!
Shari Zakon FeibelAt NS since: 1989
Position: Level 2 teacher, Level 3 science teacher, Level 4 journalism teacher
Education: M.Ed. (elementary ed.), George Washington University
- Shari is the proud mother of NS alumni Sam and Eli
- Shari speaks 4 languages: English (hello), Spanish (hola), Hebrew (shalom), and Russian.
- Vindicated: Shari kept the faith for many years. Go, Sox!
Kaye SchererAt NS since: 1994
Position: Level 1 support teacher
Education: M.S. (early childhood education), Wheelock College
- Kaye fosters a creative atmosphere and a holistic curriculum developed around interests of both students and teachers.
- Kaye’s teaching career began at the elementary level and shifted to early childhood. Along the way she gained teaching and administrative experience in school settings in addition to parenting experience with her own two children.
- Who holds the key to Kaye’s heart? Her grandchildren and her husband, Charlie!
Scott MorrowAt NS since: 1995, when he and Tricia began sharing administrative duties along with home care of their children.
Position: Renaissance man; board member, financial officer, maintenance impresario, and Phys Ed teacher par excellence
Education: M.Div., Gordon Conwell Theological Seminary
- Basketball, the trumpet, and fatherhood are among Scott’s passions.
- Get the scoop: Scott’s freezer is usually well-stocked with ice cream of various flavors.
Jai Johnson UnderhillAt NS since: 1998
Position: Art teacher
Education: School of the Museum of Fine Arts (jewelry & metalsmithing), including work as a teaching assistant
- Jai began her association with NS in 1991 when her daughter, Emma, enrolled in Level 1.
- Jai has also taught tap dancing to kids and adults since 2001.
- Jai makes her mark on the NS community as costume mistress for our school plays.
Drew CurtisAt NS since: 1999
Position: Level 4 teacher
Education: B.A. (anthropology), Washington University
- Drew’s background in writing and editing is the impetus for wonderful writing projects in Level 4.
- No parking? No problem! Proud parent of Max (alum) and Jesse (Level 3), Drew lives within walking distance of NS.
Steven YakutisAt NS since: 2006
Position: Drama teacher
Education: M.F.A., Emerson College
- Steve is the proud papa of two NS alums, Sokra and Mey.
- Steve is also a member of the performing arts faculty at Emerson College.
Johnny Charpentier JohnsonAt NS since: 2007
Position: Drama and Dance Teacher since 2007, Music Teacher and Admin Assistant since 2015
Education: B.A. (Theater & Dance performance), Oberlin College
- Johnny was one of NS’s first students, joining Level 1 in January of 1988.
- Johnny has been teaching or assisting at Neighborhood School almost continuously since graduating in 1994 (with a short hiatus to do some traveling and studying), including several years of circus and drama camp counseling as a pre-teen and teen!
- Johnny is also an instructor and administrator at Esh Circus Arts in Somerville, and sings with two different soul bands, including one co-run with Johnny’s dad, J. Johnson.
Peg BonniceAt NS since: 2011
Position: Level 2 teacher
Education: M.Ed., UMass Boston
- Peg previously worked in the Boston Public Schools as a classroom teacher, math specialist, and administrator.
- Some of Peg's hobbies—quilting and sewing—involve using her favorite subject, math!
- Playing pretend with her grandchildren is one of Peg's favorite pastimes.
Tracy PimentelAt NS since: 2014
Position: Level 1 Teacher
Education: M.Ed. (early childhood education), Lesley University
- Tracy completed a practicum at Neighborhood School with Level 2 back in 2005 during her undergraduate days at Lesley University.
- She lives in Roslindale with her husband Angel and her son Ezra.
- Level 1 students will have fun discovering which four languages Tracy can speak!
Lisa NamAt NS since: 2016
Position: Level 4 teacher
Education: B.A. (Peace and Justice Studies), Wellesley College; Elementary Education Licensure
- Lisa likes to paint, sew, make ceramics, and weave.
- Lisa loves to travel and has taught and researched education in Europe, Asia, and Africa!
Faculty photos by 3rd Eye Photo.