I. Silent Auction
You have three ways to bid:
- Bid at Neighborhood School: Starting Monday, May 9th, the silent auction sheets will be posted at Neighborhood School, on the first floor of 34 Peter Parley Road.
- Bid via Email: Please email bids with corresponding item title, bid amount, your name and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org. The bids will be checked no later than 9 p.m. every night and will be added to the bid sheets at NS the following morning. The last opportunity to leave your bid by email is 9:00 p.m. on Friday, May 13th.
- Bid at the 25th Anniversary Party: Bidding will start when the doors open at 5:00 p.m. and will continue until the auction closes at 8:00 p.m.
Auction winners will be declared at the Anniversary Party shortly after the auction closes at 8:00 p.m. Bring your checkbook! If you are present after the auction closes, please pay by check and take your item home with you. If you have won an item but are not present, we will contact you by phone or email the following week. Please make checks out to Neighborhood School and mail them to 34 Peter Parley Road, Jamaica Plain, MA 02130 by May 21st (please write the auction item name on the memo line).
There will be two raffles at the party – a general raffle and a special Red Sox raffle.
- General Raffle. We have many exciting and enticing items for the raffle, such as gift certificates to Bertucci’s, JP Seafood, KitchenWitch and Boing; a gift bag of food items from Trader Joe’s; a Whole Foods laptop lunch box; ice cream coupons from Ben and Jerry’s and much more. Raffle tickets will be sold at the event, with discounts for purchasing larger numbers of tickets. Each item will be raffled individually, and there will be no limit to the number of raffle tickets that could be put in for any item. Given the laws of probability, the more tickets you put into any item, the greater your odds of winning!
- Special Raffle. This Raffle is for the following item: Four (4) Red Sox tickets for Sunday, July 10 at 1:35 p.m. against the Baltimore Orioles. Tickets are Grandstand-Third Base and have a face value of $200 total. Raffle tickets will be sold at the event for $5 each.
The drawing for both raffles will be at 8:15 pm on May 14th, at the party. The winner of the Special Raffle need not be present to win. The winning raffle ticket for each of the General Raffle prizes must be in the room in order to receive the prize, or another ticket will be pulled as winner. So, if you must leave early, be sure to leave your tickets with a friend who plans to stay until the raffle announcements.
III. Buy It Now
The “Buy It Now” Board will feature items that will be sold for a fixed but discounted price. Items purchased from the Buy It Now board must be paid for and collected at the event. Look early and you’ll be sure to see something you want! Gift certificate for a make-up lesson at Fresh Hair, gift certificate for Horseplay Stables; entrance passes for Six Flags; Laurie Berkner Band autographed CDs, and admissions to a whole host of area museums – you will have to be quick to snap up the item of your choice!
All proceeds will directly benefit the Neighborhood School. Neighborhood School thanks all the parents who brought in the donations, and all the generous donors! Happy Bidding!!